quinta-feira, 24 de abril de 2014

Children with special educational needs (SEN)

Children with special educational needs (SEN)


Types of support




What special educational needs are
Some children have needs or disabilities that affect their ability to learn. For example:

behavioural/social (eg difficulty making friends)
reading and writing (eg dyslexia)
understanding things
concentrating (eg Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
physical needs or impairments
Who to talk to if your child has special educational needs
If you think your child may have special educational needs, contact the person in your child’s school or nursery responsible for special educational needs.

This person is called the ‘SEN coordinator’, or ‘SENCO’. Contact the local council or your doctor if your child isn’t in a school or nursery.

Contact your local Parent Partnership Service for impartial advice about special educational needs.


Fonte: GOV. UK

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário